Not this year. This year I wanted eye candy and so I asked for and received this
Lovely, lovely, lovely. I might even make something from it!
My ESP must have been spot on target because my oldest daughter gave me this:
If you are a woman of a certain level of maturity (i.e. NOT an old lady but a foxy chick who has already been around the block a few times), YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK!
Here is my list of knitting projects from 2006:
- Beret in alpaca from stash
- Clapotis in Woolease from stash
- Ponchedtte in Gedifra Flamme from stash
- Clapotis in lace-weight from stash
- 2 ball-band washcloths
- Fair Isle vest for DH
- Alpaca lace scarf from stash
- Highland Shawl in Blackwater Abbey yarn from stash
- Oregon vest in Wendy Aran from stash
- Two hats in Red Heart Soft (orange/rust for me, blue tweed for DH)
- Yarn Harlot's Snowdrop Shawl in Jaeger Zephyrfrom stash
- One sock (the other is half-finished) in Regia from stash
- Three dish cloths
Projects begun in 2007
- Top-down raglan in Bernat Denim from stash
Although the stash-busting list looks impressive, it is a mere drop in the bucket. Over Christmas, however, my oldest daughter and I cleaned out one of my storage cupboards, and I sent her off with a huge garbage bag full of yarn. She crochets. Scarves. That's it. She does, however, want to branch out into other garments (but not other crafts; she does know how to knit but does not enjoy it). So I am looking for books/magazines that might be interesting to a bohemian-minded, intellectual 24-year-old. I am not much of a crochet person (except for doilies and table cloths). Suggestions are welcomed.