Monday, January 28, 2008
Well, I was talking on the phone to my Aunt Dinah not long ago and asked whether she remembered such a thing. There was a long silence, and then she asked if I knew who gave it to my grandparents.
Of course not.
It seems that my dad's cousin June (aka Claud, Junior) and his wife had a small pottery business in Dallas or Plano or someplace like that in the late 1940's, and they made decorative wall plates. This was one design that they produced.
The plate now in my possession may have been made by them ... or not.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Here is some detail
When (if?) I block it, I will photograph it in all of its glory.
Here is the final tally for the 2007 knitting.
- Faux Russian Shawl in Knitpicks Shadow from Stash
- Socks in Wildfoot from stash
- Solaris jacket in Caron Simply Soft Shadows
- 2 IPod cases in stash yarn
- Baby Booties in Mexican Wave from Stash
- Oregon Vest in Passport Dublin from stash
- Secondpair of socks in Regia from stash
- Pair of socks in Regia from stash
- 2 wash cloths in Sugar & Cream
- Beach Bands Bag from in Sugar & Cream from stash
- Shapely Tank in Royale Quick Crochet Thread from stash
- Shapely Tank in Lionbrand Microspun
- Diagonal dishcloth in Sugar & Cream from stash
- Amanda's Squatty Sidekick in Colinette Skye from stash
- Tote bag in Philosohpers Wool from stash
- Roundabouts in Philosophers Wool from Stash
- Another Circular Dishcloth in Sugar & Cream from stash
- Curve of Pursuit in Philosophers Wool from stash
- Circular dishcloth in Sugar & Cream from stash
- Another baby hat in Mexican Wave from stash
- Tweed hat in Bernat Denim from Stash
- Two baby hats in Mexican Wave from stash
- Lace scarf in Baruffa Bollicina from stash
- Baby Hat from stash
- Raglan Pullover in Bernat Denim from stash
I was pretty good about Knitting From My Stash for 2007, and have made significant inroads into the pile. I may continue a modified version of this for 2008.
Now...what to knit next.....
At around10 PM we put out a snack for Santa and the reindeer
and in the blink of an eye we found this --
Santa made this an entertainment Christmas
And he also reminded me that I need to put in a little more effort into my housekeeping by bringing me a new mop (I am not making this up, it was under the tree).
We intended to go to Midnight Mass at our parish church but, instead, attended Midnight Mass at the Vatican. Christmas Day DD#1 came and ...well, let's just say that I intend to spend Christmas Day someplace else in the future. Like Arizona. Or Texas. Or Baghdad. Somewhere peaceful with no recriminations, no bad feelings, no frosty silences.
On New Year's Eve we went to a friend's house and drank champagne with them at 10 PM (they correctly figured that we would probably not make it to midnight).
I hope to make 2008 a better year than the last one.