Friday, January 05, 2007

Knitting and Tagging

I am hard at work on the Bernat Denim pullover. Finally got down to the armhole and have started the boring part, the body.

What should I do next? I have lots of yarns (stash), lots of needles, countless patterns, and no desire to plan ahead.

Unlike many of my fellow knitters, my stash and patterns have no organization whatsoever. I know that I have 2 balls of olive cashmere and a killer scarf pattern but have no idea where they are.

For me it is the thrill of the hunt.

Reading Coloursknits most recent post, I got to the bottom and understood that I was tagged.

OK, here are Six Weird Things About Me

  1. I retch when drinking sweetened coffee (but it has to have cream or milk in it) but cannot drink hot tea without milk AND sugar (and it has to be black tea, very strong; herbal teas are like drinking grass clippings).
  2. IMHO, there is no excuse for speaking or writing ungrammatical English. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. It takes all my strict Southern-hospitality upbringing to keep me from screaming corrections at people. My current bete-noire is "I'm good!" as the answer to "How are you?" No, sweetheart, I am asking about your health and/or sense of well-being, not your behavoir.
  3. My knee-jerk good manners almost totally disappear when I drive behind some idiot who should have never been allowed to even try for a drivers license. I do not tailgate, lean on my horn, indulge in obscene gestures, or bellow insults out the car window, but, trust me, you'd better turn down your hearing aid because I have a large and active vocabulary of obscenities in 10 languages, living and dead, and I know how to use it.
  4. I am a really poor passenger, always stomping on that imaginary brake pedal. This may not be a surprise, given #3, above.
  5. I do not like music as background for conversation, meals, knitting, or reading. When I listen to music, I listen to music, all the voices, all the parts, all the timing, all the instruments. I do, however, find it acceptable background for walking, housecleaning, and other forms of exercise.
  6. I do not like house slippers that enclose the whole foot, like a shoe (my feet sweat), BUT I generally wear socks with slippers. And I do not like to walk in bare feet.


Hmmm. Not so much weird as booooooring.

No comments: